Sunday, April 5, 2009

Downstairs Flooring Project, day N

So I absolutely fell off the wagon as far as keeping up with this blog goes, though in my defense we rapidly jumped from our original plan of a weekend and one week of nights to a more scattered schedule and, as such, there's been less to talk about on a daily basis. We near completion, though!

Ray came by last Wednesday and they did both the tile install and most of the carpet. There's a chunk between the two that comprises the extra 10 square yards I failed to order. After some last-minute scrambling last Friday, we managed to get the missing 10 square yards of carpet delivered to the house in the afternoon before heading out of town. Ray's coming today to finish the install of that and then I think we'll be set.

It's weird to think that it's almost done down there. We spent 5 hours last Sunday removing all the painter's tape that's been up for about a year. It was a painful, annoying process but it's done. We also put in a new lighting fixture on the wall plus a new chandelier in the foyer. We need to do some cleanup down there of the trim and woodwork, as I'm sloppy with a roller and everything's speckled with latex paint, but it should come up pretty easily. It's also dusty from the buffer that removed the old pad and adhesive, but that's nothing a vacuum and wet rag won't fix.

Above: In my classic OCD way, I rolled the tape I removed as I went.
The perspective is screwy, but the roll above is about 6" x 8". You
can see the new lighting fixture in the background, too.

Above: The princess surveys the damage to our collective sanity.

Above: The new chandelier in the foyer. We're big fans.

Pics of the end result to come soon. I promise. No, really.

No comments: